Choosing a new carpet in your preferred style & fiber can be a daunting task. Why these two factors are so important of all? This is because the fiber type determines the basic appearance and performance of the carpet and styles describe how these fibers are used in manufacturing. So, here we’re going to discuss some of the latest and trendiest fiber types and styles everyone should consider for;
Carpet Fiber Comparison
There are so many fibers out there of which carpet fabric is made. Let’s explore all of them along with their features;
- Trendiest fiber
- Bear higher foot traffic
- Durable and long-lasting
- Extremely resistant to mold and mildew
- Anti-static features
- Soft underfoot than nylon
- Can be used as both outdoor & indoor carpet
- Durability is low as compared to nylon
- Pre-treated to resist fading
- Susceptible to melting/burning upon excess exposure to heat
- Lower pile and a high twist count polyester carpets last longer
- Comfortable and soft underfoot
- Natural appearance
- Get faded upon prolonged exposure to sunlight
- Require special maintenance techniques
- A bit pricier than other fiber out there
- Prone to fading and stains
- Require low cleaning and maintenance
- Natural & soft
- Just like jute, its texture is rough & earthy
- Originate from a cactus plant
- Ideal for outdoor use
- Durable and stronger of all-natural fibers
Different Types of Carpet
Now that you’ve enough information regarding various carpet fibers, it’s time to continue this ride to let you know about different carpet styles.
- Cut Pile
The straight strands of these carpets are cut and twisted. These are too soft that you can see marks of vacuum streaks and footprints. Textures, frieze (twist pile), and Saxony, velvet, or plush are a few of its types.
- Low Pile
The short fibers of these carpets look flat & dense. These carpets require little cleaning and maintenance and they are extremely durable. They offer good resistance against debris and dirt.
- Plush Carpet
The pile of these carpets is cut to a uniform height to create a smooth and sleek finish. Constructed from closely tufted strands, these carpets appear velvety. They are very soft underfoot.
- Textured Carpet
Strands of these carpets vary in length thereby creating a look of unique appearance. These carpets can bear higher foot traffic as they are extremely durable.
- Twist Pile Carpet
Featuring tightly twisted fibers, these carpets provide great protection against wear. The more the twists, the better is the durability.
- Level Loop Pile
The strands of these carpets are of equal height creating a uniform appearance. These can bear higher foot traffic but are fairy stain-resistant.
- Berber Carpet
Light-colored carpet flooring with dark-colored flecks, Berber carpets are of extreme durability and withstand higher foot traffic without getting being damage.
- Patterned Loop Pile
These types of carpets are available in interesting textures and designs as the strands are of varying heights and colors. These are ideal to bring a funky touch to your home.