A smart home can provide homeowners with countless benefits, some of which include convenience, security, energy efficiency, and remote control. A smart home should really use a home automation control panel (hub) that connects to your home Wi-Fi and allows you to control all of your important devices using a smartphone, tablet, or computer with an internet connection.
While remote lighting, home security, and heating control are some of the most common applications of home automation systems, a smart home will also allow you to control blinds, smart curtains, sun shades, garage blinds, and awnings. By connecting the hub to your wireless home network and installing a smartphone app, you can do more than just control blinds and curtains remotely. You can set smart curtains on timers or program them to open/close in response to photo and wind sensors.
Adding smart curtains, blinds, and garage shutters to a smartphone-controlled home automation system can provide homeowners with the following benefits:
- Adjustment of curtains and blinds controlled by Smartphone; With the smartphone app installed, you no longer have to touch blinds and curtains manually every time you want to close or open them. You simply pull out your smartphone and control all the window screens with one touch from the comfort of your seat.
- Control multiple shadows together using groups; Smart Home allows you to add multiple motorized shading devices to a group for easy control. So, when you leave the house, just use the group control option and close all blinds, curtains, and awnings using your smartphone. This means you don’t have to manually check and touch each window.
- Set your blinds and curtains on timers Home automation allows you to schedule the opening and closing of blinds and curtains at pre-set times of the day. It simulates living in the house even when you are away, which is especially useful when on vacation.
- Check the garage door from inside the car; If your motorized garage door is integrated into your home automation system, you can open the blinds without having to get out of your car at the end of a tiring day. You can do this with a smartphone app without leaving the comfort of your car.
- Power and energy savings; Using a smartphone app, automatic blinds and curtains can be set to work in conjunction with light sensors. This means blinds and sunshades can be automatically retracted during intense sunlight, cooling the interior and protecting your furniture from summer sun damage. As a result, you can save on utility costs and save energy at the same time.
- Adjust the smart curtains depending on the weather; If you have wind sensors installed, you can set your sun shades and blinds to retract based on the wind speed. So when there is a strong wind, you don’t have to reach for the blinds and curtains manually to close them. Blinds and curtains automatically react to such conditions. An important element of the smart home, automated blinds, and curtains create a beautiful living environment, provide energy savings, reduce utility bills, and offer the convenience of wireless control via smartphone.