Have you ever contemplated a motorised blinds upgrade for your home or office? Well, there’s no need to be daunted. With this ultimate guide, you’ll gain insights into the benefits of motorised blinds and tips on choosing motorised blinds before making the leap.
Understanding Motorised Blinds
Motorised blinds, seemingly identical to standard blinds at first glance, boast an added element of sophistication. This enhancement is courtesy of a discreet motor hidden within the blind’s headrail. With a simple press of a remote control button, you can open, close, or adjust your blinds, discarding the need for cords, chains, or wands.
Motorised Blinds Benefits
Wondering why you should consider switching? Here are some compelling benefits:
- Convenience: Connected to a smart home system or controlled via a remote, these blinds promise convenience at the touch of a button.
- Enhanced safety: Motorised blinds eliminate all cords and chains, ensuring safety, especially for homes with children.
- Improved security: Programmed to open and close according to your schedule, these blinds can deter intruders by giving the illusion of an occupied home.
- Accessibility: A large number of people have mobility issues. With 42% of working-age adults and 63% of pension-aged people in the UK having some mobility impairment, motorised blinds can significantly aid by removing the need for reaching or using cords to adjust the window coverings.
Home Automation Blinds – Smart Compatibility
Certain motorised blind products can connect to smart home systems such as Amazon Alexa, Google Home, or Apple Home. By harnessing the power of home automation blinds, you can control your blinds from your device or even use voice commands if linked to smart speakers.
Is It Possible for Motorised Blinds to Enhance Energy Efficiency and Cut Down on Heating Expenses?
Indeed, electric blinds merge elegance with considerable cost-saving advantages. They can be programmed to bolster your home’s insulation.
When you opt for electric blinds, you gain the power to regulate the opening and closing schedules through remote controls or smart connectivity.
Imagine this: you’re returning from work when it’s dark outside. You can program your electric Roman, vertical, or roller blinds to shut before arrival, ensuring your home doesn’t lose heat through the windows.
Smart connectivity allows you to control multiple blinds from your device. Therefore, you can synchronise the closing of your blinds with activating your heating, trapping warmth and potentially reducing the energy you consume.
Powering Motorised Blinds
Motorised blinds are powered by rechargeable batteries, negating the need for complex electrical work. When it’s time to recharge, simply lift the battery out of the headrail and recharge using a mini USB cord.
Choosing Motorised Blinds – Points to Consider
Before you opt for motorised blinds, consider these factors:
- Type of blinds: Not all blinds can be retrofitted with a motor. While some retailers offer ‘retrofit’ motors, specialists often advise against such modifications due to potential issues with the weight and stress of motorisation.
- Energy efficiency: Electric blinds can be programmed to improve insulation and reduce heating costs. Coordinating the closing of your blinds with your heating schedule can trap heat and reduce energy usage.
- Child safety features: The absence of cords and chains minimises the risk of children or pets pulling, climbing, or chewing on them.
- Warranty: Always enquire about guarantees. A reliable company will provide warranties on their products and assure high-standard aftercare services.
In conclusion, motorised blinds are not only a choice of luxury but also offer safety, improved home security, and accessibility. Integrating with your smart home setup, they contribute to maintaining a comfortable home temperature, potentially reducing heating costs.
By choosing motorised blinds, you choose convenience and quality. As you consider this change, make sure you keep this guide in mind. Now, the question is, are motorised blinds the right choice for your home?